Our students deserve the best education. They deserve to be challenged. They deserve to be prepared to be productive citizens in society. In order for Birmingham to reach its potential, we must have a better system of educating our students.
There are three main areas that we must address in order to change the direction of the school system. I am committed to addressing all of them:
- Desire for the Birmingham City School System to be the best school system in the region, and faith that it can be achieved. We can achieve it together.
- Expect more of our students and challenge them to be their best.
- Immerse studentstructure and culture of excellence where they will succeed.
- Rigorous curriculum to prepare students for life after high school no matter what they do.
- Collaborative effort to determine how the local school system can most effectively teach the curriculum determined by the State Board of Education.
- Holistic delivery methods that meet the needs of our students and challenge student's creativity.
- Explore multiple methods of communication to ensure parents receive the necessary information to support their child
- Make it easier and more efficient for community stakeholders to interact with and provide support to the school system and their local schools
- Make sure that parent and community stakeholder voices are heard.
Our students are our future, and Iím focused on them.
Paid for by the Committee to Elect Lyord Watson, Jr.